Monday, March 19, 2012

First Attempt Clay Mold Flower

I bought the clay molds from MoldMuse on Etsy.  She was very helpful and gave me websites on how to make the molds.  I thought I would take a couple pictures a long the way and make a small slide show.




I am by no means a videographer as you can see...and only added pictures together in Picasa.  I selected the slowest transition but for some reason it's super fast.  Maybe hit pause to read them, but I'll list the steps below.

I bought Fimo classic in pink and Fimo soft in black (modelling clay) and saw no difference when you using the clay.  I then rolled a small piece into my hand and pressed it down into the mold.  Make sure there is no excess around the mold or it will show once you pop it out.  Then pop out the clay and it's ready to bake for hardening.  I tried adding a little Martha Stewart Glitter before baking and it worked just fine.  Follow the directions on the clay packaging...mine said preheat oven to 230 degrees and bake for 30 mins.  I placed my flower and baby feet on  foil then onto a baking sheet.  Once it was done I removed it immediately.  I noticed the glitter was still coming off a bit so I sprayed all my items with Gloss Finish Acrylic Sealer.  It made all of them shiny and the glitter stay put.  

*I did notice that when rolling the pink after the black was in my hands to place a little black into the pink so it's probably best to wash your hands after black.

Here are the pictures as well:



 






Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I want molds to do Minnie hello kitty bows flowers etc plse call me at 7135408416

    ReplyDelete